Monday, April 16, 2007

Good thing I'm taking a break from gambling...

I'm losing my fake "units" about as fast as I eat french fries.

Today was particularly frustrating...

Tampa Bay squandered a 6 run lead to lose me that bet.

Buffalo gave up a goal after they had a 3 - 1 lead - and didn't get an empty netter - to allow the Islanders to cover the goal and a half spread.

The Marlins lost their tie game in the 9th inning.

And all 3 NHL games failed to end in either an empty net goal or a game-tying goal, which would have covered my 17 total goal bet.

The one bet I did win; Detroit routing Kansas City; Depresses me much more than it uplifts me. My fantasy opponent this week has Carlos Guillen and Pudge Rodriguez, while I've got Gary Sheffield and Magglio Ordonez. In todays win;

Ordonez/Sheffield: 1 for 6, .167 BA, 5 runs, 0 HRs, 1 RBI
Guillen/Rodriguez: 4 for 8, .500 BA, 3 runs, 2 HRs, 10 RBIs

I love you so much, Sports Gods. Why do you hate me so?

No comments: